Our Work Is Heavily Shaped by Our Core Values
Use of the Site
All of the listed Treating Providers who provide Services through Ecounselling are independent professionals who are solely responsible for the services each provides to you. Ecounselling does not practice allopathic medicine, naturopathic medicine, nutritional therapy, psychology/psychotherapy, counselling or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of allopathic medicine, naturopathic medicine, nutritional therapy psychology/psychotherapy, counselling or any alternative licensed profession by the Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his / her services and compliance with the requirements relevant to his or her profession and license. Neither Ecounselling nor any third parties who promote the Services or those who provide you with a link to the Service shall be held liable for any professional consultation you receive from a Treating Provider via the Services.
- Site Content.
None of the site content (other than info you receive from the Treating Providers) should be treated as medical advice or a representation, endorsement or warranty that any specific medication or treatment is safe, effective, or appropriate for you.
- Informed Consent.
- Telehealth is the distribution of health and wellbeing services using interactive video and audio technology, where the health care professional and client are not in the same physical venue. During your telehealth consultation with a Treating Provider, details of your personal health information and health history may be discussed with you through the use of interactive audio, video and other telecommunications technology, and a physical examination may be performed by your Treating Provider through these technologies.
- The telehealth Services you will receive from the Treating Providers are not intended to replace your relationship with a primary care physician, or become your permanent medical home. You should look for emergency assistance or follow-up care when advocated by a Treating Provider or when otherwise needed, and continue to speak with your primary care physician and other healthcare professionals as advocated. The benefits of our Services include better access to healthcare professionals, as well as convenience. However, as with any health service, there are possible risks associated with the usage of telehealth. These include the following risks, but may not be limited to:
- Delays in evaluation and / or treatment could occur due to failures of any electronic equipment involved. If this happens, you may be contacted by phone or other means of communication.
- Although the electronic systems we make use of will incorporate network and software security protocols to safeguard the security and privacy of health information, security protocols could fail in rare instances, potentially producing a breach of privacy of personal health information.
- You understand that in your care you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth, but that results cannot be guaranteed or assured.
- You understand that the laws that protect the security and privacy of health information also apply to telehealth. Electronic communications are aimed at your Treating Provider(s) and their supervisees through an encrypted, secure, video interface and digital health record.
- If your health insurance cover doesn’t include or isn’t sufficient to satisfy the Services charges in full, you may be partially or fully for payment.
- Your Treating Provider may decide that the Services are not recommended for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may choose not to provide telehealth services to you through this Site.
- In terms of psychotherapy, you are designated to receive information from your Treating Provider about the techniques of therapy, the extent of your therapy (if known), and the pricing structure. You can also contact another therapist for a second opinion, or terminate therapy at any time.
- With respect to psychotherapy, if you and your Treating Provider make the decision to participate in couples or group therapy (collectively “Group Therapy”), you understand that info discussed in Group Therapy is intended for therapeutic purposes, and not for use in any legal proceedings involving Group Therapy participants. You agree not to witness summons the Treating Provider to testify for or against any other Group Therapy participants, nor give records in court actions against any other Group Therapy participants. You understand that anything any Group Therapy participant tells the Treating Provider on an individual basis, whether on the phone or otherwise, may at the therapist’s discretion be communicated to the other Group Therapy participants. You agree to share responsibility with the Treating Provider for the process of therapy, including goal setting and termination.
- You can send messages to your Treating Provider by contacting our Customer Support department at email@example.com Electronic messages to Customer Support or your Treating Provider may not be replied to immediately. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should call the appropriate emergency service numbers or go to the nearest emergency department.
- User Accounts.
When you register on the Site, you are required to create an account (“Account”) by entering your email address, password, name and certain other information collected by Ecounselling (collectively “Account Information”). You must be of legal age to form a binding contract in order to create an Account. If you are not of legal age to form the aforementioned binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you supply us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the Site will be accurate, true, current, and complete. You may not share or transfer your Account password with anyone, or create multiple Accounts. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password, as well as all activities that occur under your Account. Ecounselling reserves the right to take any and all action, as it feels necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Site and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall Ecounselling be held liable to you for any damages or liabilities directly resulting from or arising out of your use of the Site, your use of the Account Information or your disclosure of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else’s account for any reason.
- Use of the Services by Children
Children are not allowed access to the Services.
- Access Rights.
- Purchase and Fees Terms
- Website Links.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, LINKS OR SOFTWARE FOUND ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, SOURCE OF INFORMATION, OR INTERNET LOCATION, NOR FOR YOUR USAGE OF SUCH INFORMATION, LINKS, OR SOFTWARE, NOR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH WEBSITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS.
Specific logos, names, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of Ecounselling. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of Ecounselling. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us.
At any time you may deactivate your Account and end your registration, for any reason by sending a cancellation email to firstname.lastname@example.org Ecounselling may suspend or terminate your use of the Site, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, Ecounselling reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, Ecounselling will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are required to provide you access to your own health records or Treating Providers are required to supply you with further care under their applicable ethical, legal and professional obligations to you.
- Right to modify.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY CONCUR THAT USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. BOTH THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ECOUNSELLING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, OPERABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. You acknowledge and agree that Ecounselling does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is strictly a technology platform and infrastructure for connecting clients with independent third party Treating Providers, including physicians and other Treating Providers in the Ecounselling network. You acknowledge and agree that the Treating Providers using the Site are entirely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all healthcare services, instructions, advice, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the guidance of Treating Providers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
YOU COMPREHEND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ECOUNSELLING OR ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, DATA, GOODWILL, USE OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES STEMMING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. To the extent that we may not, as an element of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and span of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ecounselling, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, directors, affiliates, ,suppliers and licensors, harmless from and against any demands, liabilities, claim, actions and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), arising from, or alleged to arise from, your violation of these terms and conditions. Additionally you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless your Treating Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your non-adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Treating Provider.
- Geographical Restrictions.
Ecounselling makes no representation that all services, products and/or material described on the Site, or the Services available via the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom or all territories within the United Kingdom.
All practitioners and psychologists on the Site hold professional licenses issued by the professional licensing authority in the jurisdiction where they practice. You can report a complaint relating to services offered by a Treating Provider by contacting the relevant professional licensing authority. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is not in any way appropriate and should be reported to the authority that licenses, registers, or certifies the licensee. Any health records created as a result of your use of the Site will be securely maintained by Ecounselling on your Treating Provider(s)’s behalf for a period that is no less than the minimum number of years such records are required to be maintained under United Kingdom law.